Looking for an adrenaline rush in the middle of the city? Glass observation decks – becoming more and more popular – provide a unique vantage point from which to take in some of the America’s most striking cityscapes. Take a look at which buildings top our list of exhilarating perspectives in America. These vertiginous views are sure to get the blood pumping for those who like to live on the edge.
1. US Bank Tower SkySlide, Los Angeles, CA – A slide 1,000 feet above downtown LA dubbed the “Skyslide”. Drop 45 feet from the 70th floor down to the 69th. An observation deck with a 360 view of the city awaits you at the bottom of your plunge.
2. Willis Tower Skydeck, Chicago – Daring visitors step onto “The Ledge” on the 103rd floor and look a daunting 1,353 feet down. On a clear day visitors can see for 50 miles across 4 states.
3. Stratosphere, Las Vegas, NV – Ride “Insanity” over the edge of the Stratosphere Hotel 900 feet above the strip.
4. Stratosphere, Las Vegas, NV – If Insanity isn’t your thing, try the Sky Jump – a 829 foot plummet off the 108th floor of the Stratosphere Tower.
5. The CN Tower, Toronto – Located on the roof of the CN Tower at a height of 1,168 feet, the EdgeWalk allows those who dare to skirt the perimeter of Canada’s tallest structure suspended by a safety harness.
6. Grand Canyon Skywalk, Arizona – Walk across a glass-bottomed structure that extends 70 feet over the rim of the Grand Canyon, and 4,000 feet above the Colorado river.
7. House on the Rock, Dodgeville, Wisconsin – The Infinity Room extends 218 feet from House on the Rock without supports underneath.
Image Sources: http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/introducing-skyslide-glass-slide-1000-feet-air/story?id=40171035